Daily Global Economic Calendar

Real Time Economic Calendar provided by Investing.com.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Spring to Action

Spring of 2014.
New action plan calls for a major change less than half a year from now.

This day-time job of mine is killing me. Makes me afraid of change, unable to act, old. Sometime during this past year I started feeling stuck, drowning in endless routine, scared of the world and very pessimistic. This must change, otherwise nothing better will ever happen.

The side-gig has been a great financial help this year. So much so, it almost doubled my income. If it will continue next year, I will be able to make ends meet during the busy season April thru October. This is my window of opportunity. Although it remains to be seen, I am fairly confident that jobs will come thru. I should know more sometime in February. Then I can give a generous notice at work, train a replacement, maybe stay part time for few weeks. I want to leave on a high note, just like I did in a past.

Timely quote I found on http://blog.stocktradersalmanac.com/ (Thanks Jeff)
"Self-discipline is a form of freedom. Freedom from laziness and lethargy, freedom from expectations and demands of others, freedom from weakness and fear, and doubt."
—Harvey A. Dorfman (Sports psychologist, The Mental ABC's of Pitching, b. 1935)
 I am going to need that 'self-discipline'. The time freed-up from dead end day-time job will have to be used productively. 

-----------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE 1/19/2014
Time flies. Over past two months I was able to formulate a pretty good game plan and set things into motion.
I gave notice at work last week. Surprisingly, my bosses seems a little panicked, but didn't offer me pay-raise as an incentive to stay. Guess I am not as valuable, as I thought... he-he. They promised to find a replacement by mid-February. I figure it will take a month or two to train, so I am looking at April. Freedom is so close, I can almost taste it.

But first things first. As one of my favorite 'Characters', Captain Vrungel pointed out: "How you name a boat, is how it will sail." So here it is:
Bergamot Capital Management
I like it!

The mission of BCM is to create and manage a life-changing generational wealth.
Nothing less will do.
There is an important condition, that may be an impediment to fast success. No partners, no outside investors. I put in all the labor, I will reap all rewards. May take me a bit longer, but 'overnight success' always requires years of hard work anyway. I experienced that before, at the height of  MSPV, it was very rewarding both financially and emotionally.

I don't want to dwell upon rise and fall of MSPV. I am at fault as much as my partner, who neglected his duties for years, leaving me with abnormal share of work, yet collecting equal compensation. It was I, who failed to recognize importance of  technological changes in early 2000's. Social and economic changes that followed kinda destroyed that industry anyway. In hindsight, I could have done something about it..., but I didn't. MSPV closed its doors almost 5 years ago, to my credit it was a graceful exit. No bankruptcy, no debt, no stiffed creditors. I did waited until "fat lady sings", so I have nothing to show for a 20+ years career.

Two recent experiences with 'investors' made me change my mind about outside money. Especially liquidation of Flagship account in October 2012, which was a very dramatic experience. It took me months to recover psychologically. I don't really care that the guy lost money, as it was entirely his doing. He decided to pull money during less than 15% drawdown, and as I later find out - he didn't really even needed that money, just didn't want to 'play' any more. Obviously, I can't tell what would happen to that account otherwise. But here is what happened to LB account (which I traded almost in parallel to Flagship) - by beginning of 2013 it not only recovered all losses, but was already in profit. LB became my main account and been pushing new equity highs ever since.
Muppets always manage to shoot themselves in a foot.
I don't want any part of it.
And that's that.

--------------------------------------------------------------
http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/candleglance.html?$CEX,TBT,SDS,SRS,SKF,DVA,NM,KEX,TSCO,HRL,BG,CCJ|B|P5,3,3
http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/candleglance.html?SLV,GDX,SIL,FNV,RGLD,TRX,PPP,AG,SLW,FCX,AMLP,SCO|B|P5,3,3
http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/candleglance.html?TBT,JJG,TSCO,DDD,SSYS,IGE,JJC,PALL,CCJ,TSLA,FB,SCTY|B|P5,3,3
http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/candleglance.html?IMAX,VNM,EEM,YELP,NM,SEA,CG,XLF,QQQ,IWM,TAN,CEF|B|P5,3,3

http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/candleglance.html?ASPS,OCN,CXW,GEO,SKYY,STMP,JJG,MOO,MON,POT,MOS,VNM|B|P5,3,3
http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/candleglance.html?CVV,NLR,CCJ,DNN,URRE,REMX,MCP,TAS,EGLE,GNK,BALT,SBLK|B|P5,3,3

Top shippers:
http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/candleglance.html?sea,kex,tk,ckh,stng,sfl,drys,cmre,nvgs,nmm,glog,dsx|B|P5,3,3


No comments:

Post a Comment