Daily Global Economic Calendar

Real Time Economic Calendar provided by Investing.com.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

System 12 6-2014

.this update covers activity from 6/18/14 to 7/14/14.

 Thanks to clever Eddy Elfenbein for reminding me about this great quote:
 “In this game, the market has to keep pitching, but you don’t have to swing. You can stand there with the bat on your shoulder for six months until you get a fat pitch.” – Warren Buffett

 System 12 BCM:
http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/candleglance.html?WFC,RDS/B,NVS,MSFT,CVX,JNJ,BRK/B,AAPL,GE,PTR,XOM,GOOGL|B|P5,3,3|0

I didn't do update on System12 in May, because there where no changes to MD, and with S12BCM fully loaded I decided that there is no reason to mess with perfection. I have 5 positions up more than 10%, and 3 more approaching, led by RDS up 15%+. Dividends piling up. Green across the screen. BRK may be going by-pass, but no worries until 125 is lost.

SLD/BOT: no changes.
DIVI received:  RDS/B

ORCL, PFE, IBM, T, BUD

This is MD:
 http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/candleglance.html?AAPL,XOM,GOOGL,MSFT,BRK/B,JNJ,WFC,GE,RDS/B,CVX,NVS,WMT|B|P5,3,3|0
WMT dis-qualified by a smidge.
RDS  not sure when earnings.
I don't see any earnings reports (ER) in June.
WFC July 11; GOOGL, JNJ  July 14; GE July 18

This is SD:
http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/candleglance.html?PTR,PG,JPM,VZ,TM,CHL,HSBC,ORCL,PFE,IBM,T,BUD|B|P5,3,3|0
BHP out, BUD in, ORCL moving up to #20.
I have PTR.

 This is Arnott Overlay (AO):
http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/candleglance.html?SPY,RSP,PRF,XOM,GE,WFC,MSFT,CVX|B|P5,3,3|0
JPM removed due to drop from MD, although it did recover post-earnings gap, I had to close it per exit rules. I would lose less, had I exited promptly without by-pass.
These positions are held at normal size in BCM account, since all (except CVX) where opened prior to my discovery of AO.
I decided to treat Arnott Overlay as a stand-alone System9 Theme in LB account, with several changes. First of all, I want to be able to add 1 or 2 stocks from S12BCM at my discretion. Presently these are GOOGL and BRK. Position size is standard (for LB) to slightly overweight, with System9 exit rules. As such, this new Arnott Overlay and System12 Select Theme (AOS12s) became one of my main Themes, with maximum allowed allocation of (slightly under) 25% of portfolio.
Yep, I believe in System12 THAT MUCH!

------------------------------MID-YEAR CHECK----------------------------
System12 is functioning just fine, thank you very much. All good, or better.
Red Line is where my meat is.
System12BCM AUM real data including commissions, fees and dividends.
Year to date performance is similar to S&P500 (index and SPY)
 ----------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment